Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tilda on Bible

I absolutely love this little girl Tilda. All of the Tilda stamps I have seem to catch her in deep thought. I knew after seeing one of Claudia's cards over at Pretty Pressings that I would have to have some of the Making Memories Flower Patch Paper. I did learn a valuable lesson in making this purchase....cutting the 12" x 12" paper into four smaller squares is not the same as getting the 6" x 6" pad. I didn't realize until later that the paper companies actually shrink the designs on the paper for the smaller squares so that you can see more of the pattern. Lesson learned!



I am not particularly pleased with what seems to be a fluorescent orange flower on the bottom right of the card. It is not that bright in real life and actually does match the flower by the bible (and neither is bright orange IRL). The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers both of which are available at 7 Kids College Fund.

Below is the inside of the card. Now that I have started decorating the insides of cards it is hard for me to let one go out of the house with a plain inside. It is almost like it isn't quite finished without some DP inside too. I used the labels Nestabilities for the green and white papers on the inside of the card.

I have to apologize.....I always forget to take a picture of the copics I used or make a list of them. My best guess is E000, E00, E11, R20 for the skin tones; R20, R35, R43 for the dress, socks, and flowers; E31, E34, E37 for the hair; Y19 and Y35 for the yellow/gold trim on the Bible; YG03 and YG06 for the leaves; BG10, BG72, BG75, and BG78 for the ribbon; BG10 was airbrushed on the background of the Bible; B000 for the shading on the Bible; C1 for a slight shadow; 0 to blend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deanna,
    Just ME again!
    Lovely lovely lovely!!!!!
    Just an all round great card. You colour with Copics fantastic. Love your paper choices yet again. I notice you sew on your cards as well!
    Don't be upset by the lighting on your picture - it happens to us all.
    I have to agree with you - having been a member of the Magnolia bunch fairly recently and learning to decorate the insides of the cards - I can't let one go with out it now - no matter what I stamped on it LOL
    Candy

    ReplyDelete