Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mom's Birthday Box

So, now that my mom has actually received the gift, I can post the book box in which I sent her the gift! I saw this idea on Rachel Jakes' blog and I immediately fell in love with it. Thus, I had to give it a go. Rach is an amazing artist/crafter and I love all of her work. Be sure to go to her blog for the link to the tutorial for making the box. And take some time to look at all of her stunning creations and leave some comment love for her while you are there.

Without further ado, here she is, my favorite stamp of the You Are So Special collection (now available at Magnolia-licious).


Tilda has been colored in with copics to match the DP by Stampin Up. The DP is from last year and I don't think it is available any longer but there is one similar to it in pattern (but different colors) that is available. I just love my pinks and purples/plums so I had to have this one when it came out. The solid color cardstock is Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo.

Below is the inside of the book box. I have used the Vintage Tag Doohickey die on the front of the pocket on the left side and the Tilda Lace Doohickey die to decorate the box on the right side. Diana is out of the Tilda Lace die at the moment but if you contact her she can probably get it for you. The seam binding was originally white but was died with Glimmer Mists. It is so easy to die this stuff....I may never buy ribbon again. I love the crinkly/shabby look it has when it is done. Here is a tutorial if you'd like to learn how to do this. It is super easy!


The tag inside the pocket was made with one of my favorite Mini Magnolia stamps and Spellbinders Labels 1 dies. She is so versatile. You can use her for any kind of gift giving occasion be it birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. The sentiment is from Lizzie Anne Designs. I think this set may be retired now.


Inside the box you can see the beads I got for Mom for her birthday. She has one of those bracelets that you can add beads to. I got her a set that is mostly silver but with a little color. By changing out just four beads, she can change the color scheme of the bracelet. Hopefully she will wear it a lot. I know she was over the moon when she called to thank me a couple of days ago. I'm always thrilled when I find something she really likes.


And, finally, the back of the box. I couldn't very well just leave those scraps of pretty plum DP laying on the desk now could I?


I can't wait to make another one of these! Maybe for Easter to put some candy in.......

23 comments:

  1. Wow!! You Mom is a lucky girl!! Lovely project! Thanks for the instructions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a Lovely box, you have done a super job.
    Your mom must have been so thrilled to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have done a great job on your present for you Mom I am sure she loved it ! Beautiful coloring love the papers you used.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is just gorgeous!!!! Love everything about it! The colors are so pretty and your coloration of the cute images is perfect!! I bet she loved this!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful box, you did such a great job and I'm sure your mom is going to treasure not only the beads but the beautiful gift box they came in. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gift box Deana! The papers and flowers are beautiful and you colored these adorable Tildas beautifully!

    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous way to present a gift to someone!!! I love the beautiful colors, and your coloring and design are wonderful! I can only imagine your mom was probably blown away with this! I love it!!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deana, this is just gorgeous! I bet your mom will just love this. Everything is so pretty and especially the inside!

    Hugs,

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH wow this is very very Beautiful. The purples are so pretty!! Your coloring is great and you have done such a great job matching everything together.
    tfs Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Awesome! I'm sure your Mom will love it. Great coloring and fabulous paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is GORGEOUS! Utterly utterly beautiful!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gift box. Lovely colors and detail. A real treasure.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! This is a really gorgeous project!! LOVE your colors and gorgeous box!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet Deana! fabulous coloring and creating!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a special gift all by itself and extra
    nice with something inside it...just a beautiful
    gift...love your coloring and the dp's.
    HUGS Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a sweet and precious project Deana :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, Love it, Love it!!! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is beautiful! I bet your mum loved it! Great colouring! Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know your Mother was tickled pink with her gift - beautiful gift box!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's beautiful, your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOSH!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Your mom must have loved it!! The colors are so cheery and your coloring is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous creation this is, Deana! Wow I bet your mom loved this! The colors are so vibrant and pretty! Beautiful coloring too! :) hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete