Sunday, April 10, 2011

Big Easter Card!

As I remember the conversations from my distant past, it seems that we referred to everything as growing on trees. There was of course the money tree, the chocolate tree, the clothing tree, and many others. Pretty much everything grew on trees. Of course, when I was very little, I believed this! I could not figure out how those darn trees could be blooming and producing anything in the middle of winter. But, because of these memories I absolutely could not resist this egg-tree stamp. And who better to be collecting eggs from it than my very favorite little girl Tilda! She has quite a haul of pretty glittery Easter eggs (milk chocolate on the inside, of course)! This Tilda is available in the mini-version (my card is the full size version) at Magnolia-licious right now. The green paper is also by Magnolia.


This was my first attempt at a grassy background and I am not thrilled with it. I think my left brain took over and tried to make grass sprigs equally placed when they should have been more random. Still working on that one. But for once, I am pleased with how her shoes turned out.....the shading seems so drastic when I'm doing it but it gives a much better result. Thank you to Suzanne Dean for those wonderful online Copic Coloring Classes!


The butterfly was cut from the Ornate Butterfly die from The Scrapping Cottage. They have some really beautiful dies. I then stamped a swirly stamp all over it with Versamark ink and used chalks to add color. The chalks have shimmer to them but it is hard to see that in the picture. I also cut a Spellbinders border and did the same with the Versamark and chalks. The ribbon is white seem binding that has been dyed with Glimmer Mist.


I wanted to keep the card pretty simple so that the focus would be on the colored image on the front. To date this is the largest card I have ever made, about 6.75" by 6.75". Don't know how I'm going to get this one mailed!

This is my official entry into Category #1 of the Magnolia-licious Highlites Easter-Spring Extravaganza Contest. Do take an hour (or three) to peruse all of the other entries for all three categories. There are some really beautiful creations out there!

Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is just adorable!! I love your coloring and that tree is just divine!! I think this Tilda is one of my favorites, all those little eggs, so cute!!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete