Wednesday, February 2, 2011

i {heart} you - 7 Kids Challenge Entry

The challenge for the next two weeks at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog is i {heart} you which means you have to use hearts somewhere on your project. Lucky for me I just put the finishing touches on this card this morning, and I think it qualifies!

The heart die cut was made from a die by Cottage Cutz (sold out now but they are taking pre-orders on it) at the Scrapping Cottage. I happened onto their site a few months ago and fell in love with the doily heart die. It cuts beautifully. I have used it with both my Big Shot and my Grand Caliber with no issues.


I have been working on painting with Distress Inks (and Stampin Up inks) for the last couple of weeks. I am taking an online class by Angie Hunt through the Color Me Creative Classroom on DI watercoloring. This was my first attempt. Angie makes it look so easy and I suspect with a little more practice it will be. I am still trying to get the hang of shading/shadowing. I know where they are supposed to go and I put them in. However, when I photograph the image, the shadows aren't nearly as dark as they seem to me in person. I think I just need to get more comfortable with more contrast. Do take the time to visit Angie's blog, her creations are absolutely amazing!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! We are still snowed in and probaby will be for a few more days. Off to bake some cookies and spend some more time in my craft room!

18 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love the sparkle on your flowers! And how can you not be happy when looking at this Tilda?
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, your DI watercoloring looks like your a pro at this! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH how beautiful! And your colouring is fab... I have never tried distress ink colouring. It seems hard to me! I love all the colours and of course, that heart die is wonderful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the coloring with inks. I would love to be able to use them but I am useless lol.
    The heart doily is lovely and so are the DP's.
    TFS
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I really like that lace heart doily. I like the shading that you have done on Tilda. Congrats on trying something new. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That die is well....to die for! I love it and your coloring is fabulous! I so want to take Angie's class. You did a great job! Hugs, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I like the colors and papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card. Your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy, cheerful card! You can't help but smile when you look at it!
    :o)
    Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Great job inking up with the distress inks. I'm going to try that soon.
    Stay warm,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute Deana. I'm glad you are enjoying the classes. I am too.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is very pretty! You coloring is wonderful and I love that heart die. Thanks for playing along with us at 7 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is very pretty Deana - love those colors and your coloring is fantastic!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZERS that die is breathtaking!!!!!! Never seen it and now I think I have to have it!!! Thanks! LOL Pretty colors and I love the background!!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very joyous card. Your Tilda is so sweet. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job on this challenge! Love the vibrant colors. ~Tori

    ReplyDelete