Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge


The challenge this month over at Magnolia-licious Highlites is to use pink, white, silver, and hearts. Well, after searching through my craftroom, this is what I came up with. I couldn't get out to the store to buy more supplies due to the huge winter storm moving through the area now but I thought it turned out okay considering I was using up scraps.

After inspiration from Kylie, I decided to make a mini-pizza box using a Magnolia stamp called Mini Love Muffin (available from Magnolia-licious). As much as I love the Magnolia stamps, I think I like the mini's even more since I tend to like smaller projects. I thought the little white heart-shaped sprinkles on the muffin went well with the hearts on the DP. After I took my photos I realized that I forgot to put the stickles on the little hearts on the muffin but I have added that now.


I had only one scrap of silver cardstock in my drawers full of paper. I tried to pull the silver out by coloring the muffin wrappter to match. This was also my first experience with seam binding and I am rather liking the shabby look of it. Below the seam binding is a little border created with the Tilda's Lace die (also available at Magnolia-licious).



Of course, I had to then make a matching Valentine's Day card to go inside. Nothing fancy, just a simple card. Using Spellbinders dies makes it easy to whip up a card in a jiffy. Both images (on pizza box and card) were misted with Glimmer Mist but you can't really tell it in the photos. One of these days I'll learn how to take good photos of my projects...



I was considering the possibility of shoveling the driveway but I think for now I'll just head back to my craftroom and play some more! Hope everyone is keeping warm during this storm of the century. =)

Coloring with Copics: muffin wrapper - C1, C3, C5, icing on muffin R81, R83, R85, muffin - Y21, Y23, YR24, halo around muffin - RV00, RV000

23 comments:

  1. Oh, this is cute! I love how you used the cupcakes - great idea and cute box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorated pizza box! Your coloring is great and the DP is so beautiful.
    Just adorable!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute little box and such a great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them - all of them. Great work.

    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deana, this is just adorable! Isn't it wonderful to create something so special with things you already have on hand? I'm in St. Louis, so I know first-hand about this weather we're having, but you certainly put your time off to good use!

    Hugs, Jamie http://jamiegee0204.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. The colors are fantastic and the design so sweet.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the muffin images! So cute for Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute!!! I love the whole box and card idea. Fabulous!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and box, Deana! Your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Highlites!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty pizza box cover and card Deana! This muffin is so cute and beautifully colored! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! This is fantastic. Stay warm...we're in Raymore and have over a foot of snow already! 50 mile winds...wayyyy below freezing...I've never experienced anything like it before! But I agree, perfect time to craft!
    Rene from Missouri :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deana, what a fabulous project--gift box and card. Beautiful colouring work on the muffins. Lovely DP. Your entire project is beautifully done.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun project. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute and sweet box. Lovely used of the cupcake image :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project, Deana! Love your box and the matching card! Lovely colors and those cupcakes look so yummy! Fabulous work!
    Hugs,
    Silvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful project...so cute...lovin' those muffins and so well colored.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so cute! Love it!
    Hugs
    cordine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that muffin, so pretty. Your box is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet as can be Deana! Beautiful creation!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful project!! Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Highlites.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey - don't blame you one bit -- I would rather do muffins any day rather shoveling snow - oh no! Beautiful project!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute and I love this image on it's own--great job with the colors and pretty accents used too! Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete