Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week 35 Penny Black Challenge


Wow has this been a busy week having to work all five days and an evening of parent/teacher conferences.  I don't know how I would have gotten anything done except for the fact that I can't seem to sleep much past 4:30 am these days....can't figure out why.

Below are my entries into this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge which is to create a "romance inspired" card.  I actually finished these a day or two ago for Valentine's Day but I think all three fit the challenge.  I love all of the Penny Black "cute" stamps.  They seem to be the ones I always go back to.  

The front of the first card was made using the Penny Black clear stamp set "Every Which Way."  The hedgies were colored with copics and then I added some dazzling diamonds glitter on the hearts.  I thought it went well with the "sugared" brads.  The lower left corner just screamed ribbon blossom to me so I decided to try one with a little less ribbon this time.  I used 30 pieces of organza (no grosgrain) for this one.  The DP is Stampin Up.  I also used a Martha Stewart punch for the lacy heart border and the labels 2 nestabilities from Spellbinders.


The next photo is of the upper inside of the card.  This image was an older image that I purchase singly and is a wood mounted stamp.


And the lower inside, again using nesties and the Martha Stewart punch. The brown DP in the photo above and below are actually the same.....I think I must have changed the lighting between photos somehow.


The second card again uses stamps from the Penny Black clear set "Every Which Way."  This card is a little simpler but I like the bright colors.  The three hearts on the right side are "popped" but it is hard to tell this from the picture.  I used the word window punch. curly label punch, and heart to heart punch from Stampin Up, and circle nesties.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with copics.  The DP is all Stampin Up.  


The inside top of the card.....


The inside bottom of the card.....


This is the last and simplest of the three cards.  The hedgie is from the same Penny Black clear stamp set.  The hedgie was colored with copics and then I added stickles to the bubbles.  As you can see, I used my favorite Martha Stewart heart border punch again as well as circle and scalloped circle nesties.  I also used the large and small tag punches from Stampin Up.......love my punches!


The inside of the card is also pretty simple using more Stampin Up DP and two stamps from their set called Love You Much.  The stamp in the lower right corner was stamped on very vanilla cardstock and then punched out with the Stampin Up scallop punch.


If any of you bloggers out there can tell me why when I click on some pictures on my blog it brings up a bigger picture and why sometimes when you click all you get is the exact same size image as the original....I'd love to know!

In case it is another week before I post again, have a wonderful Valentine's Day!



19 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are all gorgoeus, love the boarder punch and fabulous ribbon blossom ~ they're all adorable... great work.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
    Have a great day
    Hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Deana ! Three fabulous cards - I love them all - the detail is fantastic, your MS heart punch is scrummy and I adore the ribbon blossom (I'm thinking of trying one this weekend ... hope it looks as good as that!!) Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week and have a great weekend.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so wonderful.

    Greetings
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just stunning- the insides are as lovely as the outsides!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deana, your cards are gorgeous, love the layouts and colours on all of them, but my fave is the one at the very top, absolutely stunning. joey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the cards you made for Valentines Day are so nice. You have been a busy girl. I do some of my best work in the dead of the night too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three cards are beautiful but my favourite is the top one, the colours are perfect.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wauw, such beautiful card Deanne. I love the bow you made for the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've been very busy Deana and they are all gorgeous...great work and ...thanks for playing along this week at PBSC and have a great weekend
    hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these cards are all fab! I can't say which one is my favorite, I like them all. I love the insides of the cards!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. you,ve been a busy girl, all 3 r lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am speechless !!! these are absolutely stunning cards. The organza ribbon flower is just gorgeous, I have to try that !! The insides are lovely too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely gorgeous, I can't believe you made the ribbon bloom yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your cards are darling! Love the way you used the SU DP with the images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What adorable cards, they're so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! These are all stunning! My fave is the top one but they're all gorgeous! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Deana.....these are fabulous cards, love the image and the heart punch you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your cards are just beautiful! You have been busy.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete